Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Pink spots on penis get bigger

Penis 1
Penis 1  

Penis 2
Penis 2  
For a few years now I've have pink spots appear on my penis. Until now it has been one or two pea sized spots with no pain, not raised, flesh colored, and sometimes they peel or shed skin. Recently they have started to spread. They don't look like traditional warts or herpes pictures. Been blood tested for both simplex  viruses and had negative results. Any idea of what they are?

Hey Brian,

They're more like "white spots" and are called Fordyce's spots. They are an uncommon dermatological condition, but I've had numerous clients show me their pictures to confirm them. You should know that they are not a symptom of any disease, but they cannot be treated. Think of them as a chicken pox scar; something that stays there and never goes away. It can fade over time, but you just learn to ignore it, which is what people learn to do. They can fade away and even new ones can form, but I'm afraid that's all I can offer you in the way of information. If you wish you to consult with a physician about Fordyce's, please do so, and maybe they can offer you some respite.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.