Sexually Transmitted Diseases/regular check up

I went to get a pap smear today. Im 27 years old. It was brought to my attention that I had very very tiny little warts in my vaginal area. Not sure where she said it was due to me being in complete shock. She told me she wont know anything untill I get the results back in a week. But she told me that it can be nothing to worry about because she said that it can be normal cause she has seen it in a lot of women. She said she has seen them before and the majority of the time they are not cancerous and that they are just there. She didn't seem concerned about it being an std. My question is what are they and how did these very tiny little warts get there if it isn't some sort of an std. I have only had 1 sexual partner and he told me that he hasn't been sleeping with anyone since we first started dating 9 years ago. I am only his 2nd sexual partner he has ever had. Im not saying I believe him, and im not saying I dont believe him. Could these be non std warts? Im just concerned cause I have never heard of vaginal warts not being a type of std. We always use a condom as well.

Wait for your test results to come back but it is likely warts caused by a viral STI and most strains of HPV are suppressed by your immune system and the symptoms aren't as big of a deal (as your doctor suggested) as you might think. Best wishes.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.