Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Sick, fever, HIV

Question
Hi I'm Christian, 23 years old gay male. 3 days ago I had protected sex with a guy I've just met. After he ejaculated and wiped his penis, we continued to kiss while he poked my anus with his penis for circa 5-7 minutes. I'm sure he had still semen on his penis, because I could feel the wetness. But he didn't put it in, just poked me and I'm sure I didn't any kind of cuts or bleeding around my anus. Aside from that I wasn't feeling so good that day, kind of had sore-throat, probably got cold. And I performed UNprotected oral sex on him (deep-throat included), even though he didn't came in my mouth, I tasted pre-cum. So after this little adventure the next day I woke up all sick with fever and also had herpes on my mouth.
My question is, if any of these sexual acts might have increased the risk of HIV transmission. I mean since I had sore-throat would it be easier for HIV to infect me? Or having herpes (which means I had a weak immune system) would increase the risk? Or are all of these would count as a risk at all?

Thank you for your answer.

Christian

Answer
Hi Christian,

Let me answer your question by asking you a question. Wouldn't it make sense to have a sore throat after deep-throating? That's a pretty daunting ability and something that typical human beings can't and don't do, so that would be logical. As for the "rubbing," unless he was infected with an STI, and that infected semen somehow made contact with your mucosal surface, which is possible, but keep in mind that your sphincter muscle does a pretty great job at contracting and keeping things out once you're finished using it!

Also you mention you "woke up all sick with fever and also had herpes on my mouth." Herpes doesn't work that way. There would be no way for the virus to penetrate your immune system, create an inflammatory response, travel your immune pathways, and create a breakout in less than what, 8-10 hours? So you were likely having dry mouth sores, which I get all the time when I wake up because I'm a mouth breather and it sounds like you are too. Bottom line, if this concerns you, wait 3-4 weeks, THEN get tested. As it takes about that long for HIV antibodies to form in your body and they will show up on a blood or saliva test.

Stay safe,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice