Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Small Hard Bumps

Question
First
First  

First
First  
So I'm in my late 20's and have been single now for a few months, I was sexually active with my ex and we did have unprotected sex (over 1 1/2 year relationship).  About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed 2 small but solid bumps form on the lower shaft of my penis.  Are they skin tags?  I only feel them when I masterbate, I do not feel them otherwise and they do not hurt, itch or burn.  I do not burn when I urinate.

Also, since October I have had red markings (small circles with dry skin flaking off) along the right hand side of my groin area.  I think that its just dry skin.

I recently started working out again, losing weight already so I think that alone is improving the skin.

Answer
Hi Christopher,

Yes, those definitely look like skin tags. I wouldn't be to worried about them, but since you told me you were losing weight I have to tell you, you're in for a world of confusion when you see excess skin pop up everywhere! Sometimes they go away on their own and other times people have them removed by a doctor, but that's up to you. The dry skin may be caused by a fungal infection, like jock itch, in which case I use talcum powder to keep myself dry and it prevents bacteria from building up in those dark, hard to reach, places.

Best Wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice