Sexually Transmitted Diseases/small red spot

Question
red bump
red bump  
John,
I was heaving sex five days ago and the condom broke during sex so I guess it was technically unprotected. I noticed this red spot on the shaft of my penis today. It is a single red spot and it looks like it may have a small pustule developing. It does not hurt or itch, but I am concerned as it has showed up shortly after having had sex. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Will

Answer
Will,

It was definitely unprotected, that's for certain. The main reason why condoms break is because of "operator error," but that error may result from lack of lubrication. Remember, not every person has the same internal conditions, so the next time, you might think about using a lubricant as a means to keep friction down. Heat and friction can break a condom as well and it would make sense to have a "contact burn" as a result of that, which would be a plausible guestimation of what the spot is you're having difficulties with. With what said, if it doesn't clear up in a few days to a week, then you're doing great, but if this concerns you further, then please consult a physician for advice.

Stay safe,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice