Sexually Transmitted Diseases/small red spot

red bump
red bump  
I was heaving sex five days ago and the condom broke during sex so I guess it was technically unprotected. I noticed this red spot on the shaft of my penis today. It is a single red spot and it looks like it may have a small pustule developing. It does not hurt or itch, but I am concerned as it has showed up shortly after having had sex. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

It was definitely unprotected, that's for certain. The main reason why condoms break is because of "operator error," but that error may result from lack of lubrication. Remember, not every person has the same internal conditions, so the next time, you might think about using a lubricant as a means to keep friction down. Heat and friction can break a condom as well and it would make sense to have a "contact burn" as a result of that, which would be a plausible guestimation of what the spot is you're having difficulties with. With what said, if it doesn't clear up in a few days to a week, then you're doing great, but if this concerns you further, then please consult a physician for advice.

Stay safe,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.