Sexually Transmitted Diseases/STD or STI ?

Question
Bump
Bump  
I have a small, painless, itch free bump on my upper inner thigh... Because of it's location I'm not sure what to think of it.

Answer
Hi Laura,

STD and STI are the exact same thing. Years ago the CDC switched "disease" to "infection" as a politically correct term of dealing with the crisis across America. A "disease" was seen as something that led to death, whereas an infection could be treated and a teeny tiny bump doesn't classify as either of those scenarios. It could be a little sebaceous skin cyst and nothing more than that. Search for cyst on Google and you'll see how common they are. As always, if you need further assistance, please contact your physician.

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice