Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Strange bumps/pimples on the left side of my pubic area.

pubic area
pubic area  
Hi, I'm Cpl.Hinojosa with the United States Marine Corps Reserve and a Houston Firefighter. I have great health and I'm always training and what not. I'm married and have 1 amazing son. Recently I noticed a bump/pimple in my pubic area, never gave it much thought since I like to shave there every 3 days. Then over the weeks I got more bumps/pimples and now it's starting to scare me that I have an STD or HPV.. I first I thought it was razor bumps but I don't think it's that.. I do use shaving cream, and shave with the grain, and use anti bump wash after every shave in the shower. I think about this everyday and it's killing me. Can you please help me figure out what this is and what should I do? Thanks. Semper Fi.

Regardless of your shaving regimen, it is considered atypical to shave your pubic hair. Most guys trim and lets be honest here, even using scissors can be tricky and potentially dangerous. Your bumps are consistent with a ingrown and possibly past infected hair follicles. Public hair has a different anatomical structure than the hair that grows on your head. Its much more curly and does not contain sebum, or the oil substance that coats and protects your hair follicles and protects it from the elements. If it were an STI Pablo, that's the weirdest STI, I've ever seen! So I wouldn't worry about it, since this seems to be a ritual for you and according to your story, the bumps have been consistently multiplying as per your shaving regimen, so if you were to stop for awhile they could go away on their own. Its up to you; do you want to live with them and keep on with your aesthetics or let it all grow out and hope it heals back? Either way it may take a couple weeks, but its up to you. Get back to me.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.