Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Are we both infected with herpes?

I'm concern about my partner.  Recently this month, 1st week during sex his penis head swell. he said I have yeast infection and so I might pass on to him. By the 2nd week his penis got better. 2nd week, i got a cold sore because the weather was hot and also I was on my period. I gave him oral and days later he got blister, sore, pain, swelling penis.  He said it smell like my vagina. Did I have hsv1 and pass hsv2 to him? I'm just confuse about all of this because he is the 1st guy. Also, why don't I have any herpes symptoms because I have a weak immune system and take med everyday for my illness. Is it possible that he had herpes but didn't know and he pass on to me? I then pass on to him and now his herpes "wake up" when I gave him oral with my cold sore. I never knew that cold sore is a type of herpes.

So first of all, yes, a cold sore IS the herpes virus. If you gave your partner oral during an outbreak it is VERY likely you gave him herpes as well. You had active HSV 1 symptoms and you transferred the virus to him and likely gave him HSV 2 symptoms. However, in order to be positive about this you both have to have a blood test to confirm it. If I were you I would recommend that both of you see a physician for follow up as I doubt either one of you want your symptoms to get worse huh?

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.