Sexually Transmitted Diseases/What the hell is up with my vulva?

weird vulva
weird vulva  
OK so I just had my first child in December, ever since then I haven't really looked at my vagina, recently I've been itchy so I went to go see what was up since I do have herpes, but I couldn't find any breakouts so I figured it may have been a yeast infection. But when I looked I noticed that my vulva didn't look the samd, I had lots of I don't know growths maybe is what I would call them popping out. I looked up genital warts thinking they could be a possibility but then I heard it could be the natural folds of my vagina. Now I'm not asking for a diagnosis I'm just asking what you think it may be. Is my vulva all messed up from having a baby? Thanks in advance!

Hi Christin,

Since I'm not an OBGYN, nor a woman, I couldn't begin to tell you anything from person experience. However, I can tell you that yes your vulva will appear cosmetically different from having an 8 pound bowling ball shoved through it. The vaginal mucosa will become distended (almost like having hemorrhoids)and this is why OBGYN and sexual health professionals recommend primigravida mothers (first time moms) afterwards practice Kegel exercises to tighten up the vaginal walls which will restore some of the tightness and reduce the amount of folding. As for the itching, that could be from a yeast infection, but the only way to tell that is through a pap. If you have any other questions let me know and best wishes.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.