Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Painless bumps in genital area.

Bumps on underwear line
Bumps on underwear lin  

Bumps on penis
Bumps on penis  
I have several bumps on my underwear line and on my penis they don't hurt or itch they have like a dint in the middle I'm kinda worried what it could be please help!  I'm sending some pictures maybe that will help.

Hi Johnny,

The bumps on your penis are called Fordyce's and is an uncommon, but not serious skin condition affecting a number of Americans. It seems to specifically affect the skin around the mouth and genital region, but basically is a collection of sebaceous cysts that are more complex than regular pimples. Please don't try to pop them as they will eventually go away on their own. However, if you want them treated you will have to see a dermatologist. The pimples along your underwear line are what I like to consider "heat bumps" and will likely occur more as the hotter months come along. Remember to bathe regularly and change your undergarments to prevent oil buildup. Any further questions about skin conditions can be addressed with your physician.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.