Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red foreskin

I have attached a pic for you, I have had this red penis for over 15 months, Its not sore and my penis Doesn't itch, once every now and then I may get a slight burning while urinating, I also sometimes get an itchy anus. I noticed this a little while after unprotected oral sex, I have tried a few creams with steroid in them but saw no difference.  No discharge and no pain please help me

Hi Lou,

The redness and inflammation could be caused by an active fungal infection that you haven't been treating and its getting worse. You're doing yourself a serious disservice coming to me after all this time when you could have gotten some relief by going to a doctor by now! The itchiness in your rectum after unprotected oral sex is a bit more technical and can be explained. When your partner performs oral sex and saliva I comes out of their mouth in the form of drool, it seeps down your shaft, scrotum, perineum, and makes contact with the sensitive lining of your rectum. Because saliva is made of enzymes, they "attack" the rectum just as if it were food in your mouth. Enzymes break down substances right? That causes the itchiness, which is short-lives and causes no lasting damage or ill effects. In fact, a good shower or wash cloth will do the trick usually.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.