Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Sexual Health

I asked a question about 2 weeks ago and you said you thought I may have had chlamydia or something similar. I went and got tested, everything came back negative. I have had a lot of weird symptoms but the only symptom i have had for the past 2 months is pain inside my urethra. It feels as though it is swollen and if I put pressure on it, it causes me pain and I sometimes can almost feel like a little bump inside there. Again I got tested, the doctor seemed to open the opening of my penis and saw nothing, the pain is about half an inch down the head. I had discharge maybe once and now that I've been cleared of std's I'm unsure as to what it could be.

Hi John,

First of all, I'm glad you went to the doctor because you get to rule out the things that's NOT wrong with you. However, this sounds like its anatomical in nature. Did you visit a urologist or just a family doctor? You might actually have to have an ultrasound or even a camera tube inserted to really see what's going on, but it sounds like physician A didn't go down deep enough, see if physician B will be willing to give it a try. I'm sorry you still don't feel well :(

Best wishes,

John B

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.