Sexually Transmitted Diseases/STD/STI

Question
?
?  

??
??  
I was sexually active, and used a condom not even a week later I ended up with bumps all around the inside of my vaginal opening.  Please let me know what you think.

Answer
Hello there,

Were you not aware of your papillae prior to this first experience? The process of intercourse involves friction and the rubbing of skin on skin correct? The bumps excised by such contact are sheared from the surface tissue because of this friction. It is not a cause of alarm because this happens to nearly everyone; in fact there has yet to be a person on this site it hasn't happened to who has asked me this question. I'm happy you used protection, but in case you ever do have unprotected intercourse and decide to get checked out, make sure you wait 3-4 weeks after intercourse to get tested because it takes that long for immune antibodies to form to any STI.

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice