Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Tiny Red Bumps on penis

Please help..I've got these tiny little bumps on the head of my penis. STD? Or am I just freaking out. I went to the doctor about a small spot which he ruled as trama. Sorry for the spelling. On and off itching but no burning while I pee..please help

Hi Nick,

I wouldn't consider that an STI, but a symptom of a fungal infection common to jock itch. In fact, the redness and itching is something I've lived with for over 15 years and I just deal with it. If it weren't for the miracle of talcum powder, regular showers, clean underwear, and a sense of cleanliness, I would have gone crazy a long time ago. The fact is nothing is truly wrong with you, but if you would like a small "remedy," then hydrocortisone, lightly applied to the area, once or twice a day will reduce the redness and itching as it functions as an anti-inflammatory. This is pretty much all I can offer you, but if you have further follow up make sure you to discuss all pertinent treatment possibilities with your physician.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.