Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Warts or Not

Scrotum Area
Scrotum Area  

Hello Doctor,

I am glad to see a forum like this with an expert advice.

I am 35 year old from UK. I have a problem in my perineum area. I am not sure of the reason as I always sweat a lot in this area and makes me feel very itchy in the nights irrespective of the weather. The area becomes very moist in the nights and dry in the days. Sometimes I even feel very uncomfortable while walking.

Recently I found few warts (?) or small lesions on my scrotum and very tiny (tip of pen size) lesions on my penile shaft.

I am worried and looking for advice. Please find the attached pics.

Thanks and waiting for your advice.

Hi Kumar,

First of all, I'm not a doctor, I am a health educator and I always put my credentials in my signature for verification :) Second, welcome to ALMOST summer! All of us guys, especially those of us (like myself) that carry a little "extra" on us are going to get a little sweaty, a little itchy, and a little toasty from time to time; especially down there. Which is why talcum powder (like Gold Bond) works wonders. It keeps the area dry and from chaffing. I like to use the one with aloe vera in it because it has anti-pruritic properties in it (anti-itching) so I can go all spring and summer without scratching myself like Wolverine. Now your second question, from what I can see, the skin tags on your scrotum could be from the result from a dermatological origin, but if you've never been tested for HPV or human papillomavirus before and have engaged in unprotected intercourse before, I would make an appointment if you can. Luckily, your tags haven't blossomed into anything that resembles something tantamount to "horror" warts, so even if you did test positive for HPV, they can be removed by a physician. I wouldn't be to worked up about this though, so let me know how things go for you in the next few weeks and follow up with me.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.