Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Should I worry?

Question
I recently had same sex anal intercourse with a stranger I met online. Not sure it matters but he was a professional type, married and in his 50's. I was the bottom/receiver. We used a latex condom and water based lube. After he left I inspected the condom and filled with water, no leaks. Gross I know but am paranoid. This was a first for me some I'm really freaking out! What is my risk of contracting HIV?

Answer
Hi JC,

I'm happy for you that used protection, the correct way, with lubrication and it seems like you didn't have any problems. With that said the protection rate of condoms, when used correctly is 98% in protecting against known STI's. So even in the unlikely chance that your partner did have the HIV virus and wasn't aware of it, your odds would be strongly in favor of not coming into contact with it at all.

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice