Sexually Transmitted Diseases/What's wrong with me?

Swollen Labia and the yellow-ish discharge
Swollen Labia and the  
Hello. I'm in my 20's and it's always after my menstruation end, after a week or so, there's this yellow-ish discharge on my vagina. And my labia itches and it is swollen, whether on the right side or left side. I searched on the internet on how to know if you're fertile (because I'm trying to conceive for 1 year) and I don't think it's a cervical mucus. I've seen on the internet what a cervical mucus looks like and I don't think I have that kind of mucus at all because it breaks out easily when pull. My mucus is usually non-receptive :( But first I'd like to know why my labia is swollen and have a yellow-is white-ish discharge. Second, do I ovulate? I really wanted to have kids, but I don't think I ovulate. By the way, I have irregular menstruation. In year 2012 I didn't have my menstruation for 9 months straight. I did not go to any OB-Gyne because of financial problem. Please help me, email me as soon as you read this :( Thank you.

Hi Mae,

Vulvovaginitis, or swelling labia is usually always associated with an infection, which I cant treat over the internet! Its also possible that you could have an clogged Bartholin's gland, but the presence of yellowish discharge points to something bacterial in nature and its getting worse. This could be the sign of an UTI go awry since you haven't disclosed any risky sexual history. I would behoove you to visit a doctor as soon as you can or this will get worse than it already is and only a prescription medication will get rid of it. There is nothing you can take over the counter that will "cure" this for you. Let me know how things go for you.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.