Sexually Transmitted Diseases/anus

Question
Lately, I discovered some spots around my anus whose color are between skin tone and white, to a very limited area. I don't feel itchy or something, I just noticed them by chance. I always had protected sex and for the past 6 months I didn't have any contact at all. I am 22yo. I tried to remove one, and the area bleeded a little and the "pimple?" I'm not sure how it could be called, seemed white but not of a solid body, it was just like a mass of some white small things of a circular shape. Could it be HPV? If needed, I can send a photo too. Thanks in adance.

Answer
Hi John,

Its entirely possible to have anal HPV even with using protection because the condom only covers the penis, not the groin. Generally, HPV takes on a fleshy, cauliflower appearance of skin tags that have different colors and can start out the same color as your flesh. If you've never been tested for the HPV virus before or had an standard STI panel, which tests for the 7 most common STI's then I would schedule it just to be safe. If everything comes back negative then I would tell you suffer from the same damn thing I do! Acne! Which sucks and especially down there because you can get acne anywhere and acne tends to cluster anywhere that's sweaty, dirty, and dark. I have no idea what season Greece is in, but its almost summer in America and this is the part of the year I hate the most because of the jock itch and acne flairs that start up for me. That means showers TWICE a day, using powder to keep myself dry, and changing my underwear twice a day just to cut down on the occurrences. What I do want to tell you is that I'm happy for you that you practice safe sex because the chances of you actually having HPV are quite low, but I would love you to visit your primary care provider just in case.

Cheers mate,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice