Sexually Transmitted Diseases/What is this bump?

June 15: last had sex
June 16 - 19: no sex or masturbation
June 20: first noticed a single scab on my penis, on a spot where I previously had a scar (from rough sex years ago).

It's not painful at all and I didn't notice any blister/ulcer prior, although it's something that may have been overlooked.

What is this? HPV, HSV-1, HSV-2, nothing?

Going to see a doctor on Monday but would like to get as much info as possible before I go.

The doctor will likely do a swab to test for HSV and if it comes back positive, you know its a herpes blister. If not, then its likely you suffered a traumatic abrasion burn because I'm guessing you didn't use protection; otherwise a condom would have protected that part of your penis from that kind of shearing force.  And if you're having that kind of rough sex, then I would worry about more than just scabs and scrapes and bumps. You can fracture your penis through aggressive sex and if you did that....well you wont be having sex again for a long, long time. So you might want to re-evaluate what it is that you're doing. If you used water-based lubricant then you might keep some of these burns to a minimal, but I would consult with a physician to see what they could do about that spot first.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.