Sexually Transmitted Diseases/What is this bump?

Question
Pic1
Pic1  

Pic2
Pic2  
June 15: last had sex
June 16 - 19: no sex or masturbation
June 20: first noticed a single scab on my penis, on a spot where I previously had a scar (from rough sex years ago).

It's not painful at all and I didn't notice any blister/ulcer prior, although it's something that may have been overlooked.

What is this? HPV, HSV-1, HSV-2, nothing?

Going to see a doctor on Monday but would like to get as much info as possible before I go.

Answer
Paul,

The doctor will likely do a swab to test for HSV and if it comes back positive, you know its a herpes blister. If not, then its likely you suffered a traumatic abrasion burn because I'm guessing you didn't use protection; otherwise a condom would have protected that part of your penis from that kind of shearing force.  And if you're having that kind of rough sex, then I would worry about more than just scabs and scrapes and bumps. You can fracture your penis through aggressive sex and if you did that....well you wont be having sex again for a long, long time. So you might want to re-evaluate what it is that you're doing. If you used water-based lubricant then you might keep some of these burns to a minimal, but I would consult with a physician to see what they could do about that spot first.

Cheers,

JOhn

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice