Sexually Transmitted Diseases/bumps

ingrown hair or herpes
ingrown hair or herpes  
This may be a bit odd, but I have not been sexually active for about 3 months.   My last partner liked to get around quite a bit. About a week ago I was masturbating , and noticed a bump around the side/ base of my shaft. What I thought was an ingrown hair.  I  removed the hair. Over the course of the week I have developed 6 or 7 new bumps that have open sores. And are extremely sensitive to the touch.  How long does it take for symptoms to show up for an STD such as herpes. I have looked at pictures online, and think it could be a really bad case of ingrown hairs or herpes. Hopefully you can tell me something

Hi Jim,

Nothing can be discerned from your picture as its to blurry. The only way to test for herpes during an active outbreak is to have a culture taken of the sore, so if you want a surefire diagnosis, go to the doctor NOW and get it checked out. However, even the standard STI panel will test for the virus as well, as long as 6 other forms of STI's, so if you believe your partner has exposed you to any or several STI's then I wouldn't wait to see your primary care physician. It sounds like you have to many bumps to be an coincidental case of ingrown hairs, but ingrown hairs form any number of reasons and yes you can pull the hair out of it. Since they are like pimples you can also pop them and they can become infected, but if I were you I would get it checked out to be on the safe side.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.