Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps on Upper Groin

Question
Pic1
Pic1  
Hello,

First off, thank-you for taking time out of your day to help me.  I discovered bumps on my groin area about 3 days ago and I am concerned as to what they are.  There are maybe a dozen or so and are so small I barely noticed them initially.  There are none on my penis or scrotum and seem to be located on the groin area above my penis.  They appear to be pinkish in color and do not itch, burn or cause discomfort.  I have not noticed any additional bumps however these have not changed in the past few days.  I am concerned that they are genital warts.  Once again, thank-you in advance.

-Paul

Answer
Hi Paul,

If they were HPV then we would all have it? You want to take a guess at why you would have scabs in your genital region? Pubic hair is very kinky and grows oddly. It also is prone to ingrown and even infections, which would explain the scabs. All of those scabs are actually ingrown hairs that have scabbed over. Yes you could pick them off like dry skin, but they'll fall off by themselves when you bathe. Any follow-up let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice