Sexually Transmitted Diseases/are these genital warts???

Hi doctor

Since last night I am having itching in my vaginal entrance and I have these out growths shown in picture..they are like small fine out growths, red in colour and often painfull, itchy.please also tell me that hw can we diffrentiate between a non virgin n fingured vagina...m virgin but I do finguring often.

Thank you in advance

Hi Faiza,

So first off, I'm not a physician, but as a health educator I would like to let you know that if you have concerns that I can not address, then you should seek a physician's care ok? With that said, the "growth's" you're referring to could be your natural papilla and are considered to be normal. However, just like with men having jock itch, which is a fungal infection, women can get this to which will cause inflammation, itching (pruritus), and sometimes pain. With that said, if the pain becomes to much to bear then you should be seeking a physician's care and they can most likely put you on an antifungal pill like Diflucan or even an ointment. Also, if you've never had a pap smear before, then I would encourage you to consult with your specialist about having that done as well. Women should have a pap performed every third year to check for cervical cancer risk and even for STI's like HPV.

Now your second question; if your hymen (which is a biological virginity barrier) has not been broken, then you're still are "intact." Masturbation alone does not usually break the hymen, but intercourse, penetration with objects, and even aggressive physical activity can. Also, if you've never had intercourse with another partner, then you can definitely consider yourself a virgin as that is the societal definition of virginity. If you have follow up let me know.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.