Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Is this herpes?

Herpes on vaginal entrance?
Herpes on vaginal entr  
Hello. First thank you for this service you provide, it's really incredible of you.
I recently discovered that my boyfriend of 3 years has been having an affair with another woman who is sexually active with multiple individuals. He was not using protection with her and engaged in oral, anal, and vaginal intercourse with her. We were trying to conceive and so were also not using protection, putting me at risk.

Though I have been monogamous, I am a firm believer in getting myself tested every six months just to be safe. My last test was in January and came up clean, but their affair started in early December and continued until mid-May. She claims to have been tested recently and that everything came back normal, but he did not see the results personally. He has not yet been tested and doesn't think he needs to be.
I immediately scheduled an STD screening and Pap with my OBGYN, but the earliest appointment I could get is two weeks from now. This bump or sore appeared in my vulva two days ago and I am kind of freaking out. It itches occasionally, sometimes very itchy and other times just a little. Mostly it's just very, very painful.

I've looked at every description and photograph of various STD's and STI's I could find, but nothing looks quite like this. Since I am not a medical professional I was hoping for your thoughts on what this could be so that I can either calm down or else be more prepared for my own Doctor's opinion and the results when they are available.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Rey,

Herpes sores are open wounds and that is not an open wound. It looks like a growth obviously, but I think it might be a genital wart more so than herpes. Only a pap smear will give you the certainty you seek, but I'm happy for you that you are seeking the assistance of an OBGYN.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.