Sexually Transmitted Diseases/HPV?

I recently saw a GP for a pap smear and she noticed these tiny bumps on my inner lips of my labia. She said they are warts and prescribed Aldara. She didn't seem to spend a long time looking at them and did not do a vinegar test.  I have applied the cream twice.  Since then I have been researching and reading about genital warts and would like to get a second opinion.  I will be seeing a gynecologist once I can get an appointment, but I would like to get another opinion sooner rather than later.  I tried the vinegar test (see photos) and it seemed to turn the entire area whitish.  Is this an indication of HPV or could the two applications of Aldara be causing the area to turn white?  What does Aldara do to normal skin?

Hi Jen,

The fact that the are turned white is proof positive that you have HPV, which is viral and reactive tissue. So yes, your OBGYN knew what she was doing. Aldara is a immune conversion medicine used to help your white blood cells fight off the spread of HPV. It cant cure it, but it will theoretically stop the spread. Granted if your warts become bigger, then the OBGYN can burn them off. However, Aldara can eliminate some of the growths, along with your immune system and suppress the virus dependent on which strain you have and I don't know that information; your doctor does. Second opinions are perfectly fine if you want further information, but until then please keep using Aldara as its a great medicine.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.