Sexually Transmitted Diseases/hpv

Question
unknown
unknown  

unknown mark
unknown mark  
I seen my doctor in January with a discomfort I had on the side of my vagina.  I noticed a white/red mark that looked like a pimple or skin tag. I wasnt sure if it was a genital wart. She examined it and said no its just a sore and to put warm water on it. It has been 6 months now and its still there. Doesnt hurt but I dont like seeing it. Can it be removed? What is it?

Answer
Hi Stacy,

It can be frozen off in a doctor's office, but that's the only way to remove it. I'm surprised they didn't offer you that option. It does look like a skin tag, but if you want it checked again for a second opinion, make sure you see another OBGYN or get an STI panel at a local health department just to be sure. Testing can be very cheap and applicable to your yearly income, so its not to be avoided. Any further questions can be directed to your primary care physician.

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice