Sexually Transmitted Diseases/HPV Genital Warts?

Posterior fourchette bump
Posterior fourchette b  

Posterior fourchette bump
Posterior fourchette b  
I noticed this on my posterior fourchette. Could this be genital warts from HPV or just normal papillmoa? I have an appointment with my OB-GYN next week since I am currently on my period.

You can do a vinegar test (in the bathtub) to check. If by pouring a little over the affected area or by blotting it with a Q-Tip dipped in vinegar you notice the area turn WHITE, then  yes it is a sure sign of pre-cancerous or viral tissue and can be considered a sign of HPV. If nothing happens, then the bumps are a part of your natural vaginal anatomy called papillae and are experienced by all sexually maturing girls; especially sexually active females. I appreciate that you're seeing your OBGYN next week as a pap smear should be performed every 3 years except when noticeable changes are seen, like in HPV, in which case a pap should be scheduled once a year. Any follow-up questions can be directed to your specialist, but if you've been practicing unprotected intercourse and this concerns you, make sure you ask for STI testing to rule out all possible contingencies. STI panels test for the 7 most common STI's and HPV is one of them.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.