Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Lump in urethral tract

I have a lump in my urethral tract of my penis. I also have small inflamed bumps around the opening. Is the a STD or an infection?

Hi David,

I have no idea what would be causing an internal lump inside your urethral tract. A gentleman on this website sent me a query very much like this and we never figured out what it was and he went to several doctors. The only thing he could tell me what that he was going to a urologist to do a "uro-scopy," which is a camera inserted inside the urethra to figure out what it could be. Since you haven't provided an image to give me reference to what the "inflamed bumps" could be around your urethral opening, I cant give you a guess to what they are. So I will tell you the same thing I tell all my clients, consider giving your primary care provider or specialist a call and making an appointment if this concerns you. I would rather you find out what this is and make sure it isn't anything serious than find out its something horrible like a pre-cancerous lesion or lump.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.