Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Painless Lumps - STD?


QUESTION: Hello, I've have these lumps on my penis just under my foreskin for a while now (1-2 years). Initially it started with just one now two are more prominent, I have no idea what it could be. I have split my foreskin during sex twice could it be related? I have had a full STD screen which came up all negative. So I was just wondering if you could give me an idea of what it may be, and whether I should ask a Urologist or see a doctor in person. Thank you for your assistance.


If your tests results came back negative, that means its anatomical in nature and not caused by an agent of some kind. I would guess that they're cysts of some kind and that would be consistent with the "appearance" of a new one. Cysts do that over time; they can also grown, shrink, relocate, disappear, and do anything else. However, I would watch them closely to make sure they don't grow to large as that would be an indication of cancerous tissue and you should be seeing a dermatologist or urologist indeed for that kind of follow-up. So yes, I would make that appointment just for an assessment because if you've had them for this long and have never had them looked at before; what could it hurt?

Cheers mate,


---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Thanks for your help, it definitely hasn't been growing in size more shrinking/relocating like you said. I was wondering though one final thing, could it be herpes related? I have been told it isn't included in the STD screen I took.
Much thanks!


Herpes sores are OPEN wounds that pus and do ooey gooey things! Yuck! Trust me, you'll recognize them if you ever see them and those aren't it. And since you haven't complained of those kind of sores before I doubt you have that issue, but if you want that test you have apparently have to ask for it separately. Here in the US its included in the standard panel, but sometimes doctors don't have access to that panel and can only test for herpes if you have an active outbreak; they will take a swab of the open sore and then assess for herpes. If you've never had that issue then you know you don't have herpes.

Cheers mate,


Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Brice


Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.


3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Awards and Honors
Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

Past/Present Clients
*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.

©2017 All rights reserved.