Sexually Transmitted Diseases/peace of mind

Hello my names Sean and I have sort of a rash/red spots around my pubic area I did trim my pubic hair before hand could this have had an effect or could it be a STD Ps I have had sex but protected before thanks Sean

Hi Sean,

By trim, do you mean shave? Get back to me on that. And I'm happy that you're using protection, but remember that because the pubic area remains exposed during intercourse, it is possible to transmit STI's to an uncovered area. If you've never been tested before and its been at least 3-4 weeks since your last sexual activity, then you can get a standard STI panel with your primary care physician or with a health clinic. The panel tests the 7 most common STI types and is very accurate. If you have any further questions let me know.

Cheers mate,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.