Sexually Transmitted Diseases/please tell me this isn't herpes

Is this herpes or an Std on my penis? Was hoping it was friction burn as i masturbate a lot, Please help!

Hi Jorge,

That's a wicked fungal infection called balanitis. You're friction burns have evolved to "infected" and this happens a lot, so its something you could have prevented had you noticed sooner. You need to be placed on an antibiotic at this point because this is a contagious condition and it will continue to get worse. Please see your primary care physician as soon as you can and try to prevent sexual activity as you can as it will worsen your symptoms. In the future, when this has cleared up, I would behoove you to start using water NOT OIL based lubricant to prevent friction abrasions in the future. Never use lotion, Vaseline, baby oil, or anything greasy as this literally cooks your skin. KY and trusted brands do wonders to prevent abrasions from occurring and combined with condoms make sex  very enjoyable as well. If you have further follow-up questions about balanitis please ask your physician.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.