Sexually Transmitted Diseases/question on std


QUESTION: hi i had an unprotected sex with my girlfriend 2 weeks before. now i got an itch in skin of urinary bladder . daily its itching. and i itch it for few seconds and leave it . i m feard whether its an std disease .  so plz clarify me .

ANSWER: Hi Adan,

It takes approximately 3-4 weeks for your body to create antibodies to a possible STI. As its been 2 weeks, it might be to early to do testing, but you can get an STI panel at your primary care providers office or with the local health department. Panels test for 7 of the most common STI's, so if you come out clean for all of those, then its likely to be related to a fungal infection. If you feel that you cant hold out until then and if you have profuse inflammation and swelling, then you should see someone now and see if you can get treatment for it. I'm just curious whether or not you used lubricant or not when you had sex. Was this your first time having unprotected intercourse? If so, then the inflammation and itching can be easily explained. You're likely having friction abrasions and those are caused by sex itself, which is why a water based lubricant is always helpful to cut down on the discomfort of sex for both partners and the after effects. If you have follow-up let me know.



---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: hi john,i just had an vaginal sex and this is my first time of intercourse and i did not use any lubricant .actually thter is an itching on the scrotum area. and i have an another doubt ,after 3 months what and all the test i should take ? and i have planned to take test for styphills ,chalamida,ghoneereha,hiv . is this enough or any other test i shoula take ?

I just talked about that in my previous discussion with you. If you do the standard STI panel, it tests for practically everything. It tests for HIV, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Herpes 1 and 2, HPV, and Hep B & C. So whatever health clinic or doctor you go to, you can ask for a check up about your chief complaint (which is itching or whatever) and also ask about STI testing and they should be able to give that to you.

Best wishes,


Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Brice


Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.


3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Awards and Honors
Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

Past/Present Clients
*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.

©2017 All rights reserved.