Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red and dry patch on penis.

No camera flash
No camera flash  

With camera flash
With camera flash  
For about three weeks now I've had this dry red patch on the head of my penis and it's gotten slightly bigger. It does not itch or burn when left alone. It begins to burn a little when I masturbate without lubricant and sometimes cracks. I've never had sex but this seemed like the most appropriate category. What could this be and how can I get rid of it? I am 18 years old if it is of any relevance. Thank you.

Hi Josh,

Even if you never had sex in your entire life its possible to get fungal infections and that's what you have. Also called balanitis, its a cousin of something you're probably very familiar with: jock itch. Myconazole cream is usually a blessing in these situations and can be found in any drug store, however, if you want a sure fire treatment and analysis then I would suggest visiting your primary care physician for a quick checkup to make sure its not something more serious like eczema or a virus.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.