Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red painful spot on foreskin

Question
Hi I am Ben from Singapore. Recently I notice that I had a group of red painful spot on my foreskin. Looks slightly swollen and painful when touch. May I know what is the cause and do I need to seek treatment?

Answer
Hi Ben,

Since you provided me no image in which to judge I can only "guess" that what you have is either related to a skin condition or related to sex. Pretty broad huh? But so was your question :) If you've been practicing unprotected intercourse and you've noticed open sores on your glans, shaft, or scrotum and they contain pus or ooze, then that's a good indication of herpes simplex virus type 2 and you should get it treated immediately. I have no idea if you're uncut or not, so it could also be nothing more than an ingrown hair, which are also pretty painful and related to no infection at all; they just hurt! And they also go away on their own. Either way, if what you think you have is to much to go through and you could use a treatment, then please see your primary care provider for follow-up.

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice