Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red spot on glans

Another shot
Another shot  

I noticed a small red dot on glans of the penis about a week ago. After a few days it has grown to its current size. I have not had sex in about 9 months. There is no pain or itchy ness associated with this bump nor is there any penile discharge or foul smell. Concerned that it could be a preliminary stage penile cancer. Thoughts? Thanks for any insights you may have.

Hi Michael,

Does it have a hair growing out of it? If so, it could be a wart! However, since I'm not capable of doing biopsies over the internet, I would see a dermatologist for follow up just to be sure. I've never known cancer to form in a week Michael, if that were so, you'd be dead by the time this email reached you because you're suggesting that this thing has a faster growth rate than the kudzu on my chain linked fence in my backyard :( Time to make an appointment my friend.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.