Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Small bumps on penis.

penis bumps
penis bumps  
QUESTION: Hi and thank you for taking your time to answer me. I recently noticed these white bumps on my penis, I have done research on stds and their symptoms and I have no symptoms. I thought this may be Fordyce spots, I don't think they were there before, but I am not sure on that. I hope the picture is clear enough for you to see. Thank you again for your time.

ANSWER: Hi Gogi,

Yes they are Fordyce's and they can appear at any time, but they can also disappear whenever they want to! Such is the nature of sebaceous cysts, but you can call them pimples if you want. However, please don't pop them! This is a very sensitive area of your body and you could inevitably scar yourself for life, so if you find them offensive, you can make an appointment with a dermatologist to have them removed. Please know that Fordyce's is a genetic skin condition and is passed down among family members; it is not a disease. If you have follow-up let me know.

QUESTION: HI, I just wanted to show you some different pictures. These are of the bumps normally and when i stretch the skin on my penis. Sorry to bother you again, I just need the peace of mind. Thank you once again for your time.

Hi Gogi,

If you retract your foreskin do they appear on your glans as well? I see them all over your foreskin and even on your scrotum and stand by my original posting to you, so that wont change. Like I mentioned, if you want them removed, please consult a dermatologist for follow-up.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.