Sexually Transmitted Diseases/spots and dots on the top of the penis

Question
spots and dots
spots and dots  
spots and dots 2
spots and dots 2  
QUESTION: Hello
I've been having these dots and spots on the top of my penis for the past month
I've NEVER had unprotected sex
I am very very worried, could you help me figure this out?

ANSWER: Hi Dan,

I have those brown splotches on my glans as well and they've been there for over a decade. They're moles believe it or not and they'll be there until I die and yours look exactly like mine. You seem like a young guy and I remember first getting mine in my early 20's, so this seems to be your wake-up call for your body first developing them. I have one huge one on the right lateral side of my glans, but you seem to have four or five baby ones. You should know that mine has stayed the same size the entire time. If they should ever change size, shape, color, or otherwise then that's a surefire sign of pre-cancerous tissue, which is why I always try to get mine checked every couple of years to make sure they don't raise any alarms and you should start doing that too. If you have further questions regarding this, you can ask your primary care physician and if they refer you OR you want a referral, you can ask a dermatologist.

Best wishes,

John

QUESTION: Hey again and thanks for the quick answer!

I didn't quite understand and I'm unfamiliar withy the medical terms lo let me just verify-
Are you saying that if they don't change size I have nothing to worry about?
or are their existence a "surefire sign of pre-cancerous tissue" At the moment?

Answer
They should never change size....ever. Once I started developing mine it pretty much acquired its "maximum" size right a way and never changed afterwards. If it ever grows beyond its original size and just pay attention to it then that's a sign of possible cancerous change, not the mole itself.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice