Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Spots on Glans

Spots on Penis head
Spots on Penis head  

I recently (within the past 2 to 3 days)noticed a number of red spots on the head of my penis. SOme spots are dome shaped while others are just tiny red bumps. I have been sexually active over the last 3 weeks with my partner and im not sure whether it is just friction or something more serious like Herpes. I am uncircumcised. There is no pain or itching (at least yet). This has never happened to me before. As far as I and my partner know she is STI free. I'd hate to think that i have caught something un curable. Any light shed on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi John,

Do you not use condoms or lubricant? If not, then you're most likely looking at friction abrasions and these will occur each and every time you have intercourse and can even occur after masturbation. Depending on what season it is (because colder weather dries out skin) you can get them in the winter as well. If you want to reduce your instance of abrasion then I would suggest looking into using a water not oil based lubricant as this will cut down on the amount of friction and shearing during intercourse. Both you and your partner will experience this, so its not just you. I'm sure she has the same inflammation and spotting inside her vaginal cavity and hasn't said anything yet. Hydrocortisone gently applied to the area, twice a day, has been shown to increase healing and that's something you might want to look into. Any follow-up let me know.

Cheers mate,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.