Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Tiny bumps on penis head

Question
Small bumps
Small bumps  

Small bumps
Small bumps  
I noticed a bunch of really small bumps around the glands of my penis head. They are completely painless and are only really noticeable when I have an erection. Some of them near the tip of my penis are slightly red in color but most are skin colored and look almost shiny under light. It has been like this for a few weeks now and almost looks as if the skin is really dry. I originally thought hydrocortizone would help it so I've been applying it for a while now, however this has not helped and was wondering of applying excess could dry out the skin?

I am worried that this could be some sort of STD or fungal infection and I am very worried. I also have pearly peniale papules around the rim of my penis. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Answer
Hi Bob,

Your penis looks very healthy and quite normal to me. You do realize that PPP is also a very common condition and NOT a disease right? Hydrocortisone is an anti-inflammatory and reduces swelling and there's none of that to reduce, so of course it wouldn't do anything :-)
What I will give you insight on is that the skin of your glans is supposed to appear slightly cracked and pink because of the engorgement process it goes through during erection. The corpus cavernosum (the spongy hollow tissue lying below your skin tissue) expands and contracts and blood enters and leaves depending on your arousal state. Your PPP will look "bigger" during an erection and Fordyce's spots, which is likely what you're referring to will also appear much larger during an erection because they are tiny sebaceous cysts. Note: they may also appear "shiny" because of their compartmental nature (just like a pimple). PLEASE don't attempt to pop them; they go away on their own. It may take some time, but unless you want to have them removed by a dermatologist and that costs money, then just wait :) Any follow-up questions let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice