Sexually Transmitted Diseases/not sure what this is....

I just started having sex with a new partner about 3 or 4 months ago.  I had a pap and urine test done about a year ago and all the results came back normal.  But just a few weeks ago I noticed this wart like bump on my upper pubic area.  I'm not sure if it is just an ingrown or irritated hair follicle or if i should be worried that it is possibly hpv warts.  It was just the one but today there is a little bump next to it (but, again, i did just shave so i'm wondering if its just an irritated hair follicle).  I have VERY sensitive skin and constantly have razor burn/ingrown hairs on my legs (if that helps).  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi Ashley,

So a pap and urine test from a year ago have no medical merit on your partner from now, so if want to test for anything new then I would suggest getting the standard panel from your primary care physician. That tests for the 7 most common STI's and is amazingly accurate, but the pap can wait another 2 years unless you've noticed something outrageously out of the ordinary and that little bump isn't unusual at all seeing you have irritated hair follicles all around it. If you've been practicing unprotected intercourse then I would behoove you and your partner to get tested together to get the all clear that way you know you have nothing to worry about. By the way, the cyst should go away on its own within a few weeks or so. I get them all the stupid time because I have sensitive skin too and they stay a long time :( Nothing to be alarmed about, but if you have follow-up questions address them with your physician.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.