Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Is this yeast infection, allergy, something more serious?

Rash on glans 1
Rash on glans 1  

Pic 2
Pic 2  

A week ago I had sexual contact with another male. The contact was strictly "frotting" and mutual masturbation. Two days after I noticed that I had gotten crabs from him. I quickly and expediently checked my body head to toe. The only two areas affected were my genital and anal area. I deloused myself thoroughly, shaved off all nits. This was fairly easy since they had very little time to do much damage and I have very little body hair. I used a borax wash on all clothing and bed linen. That same night I noticed a slight red bump on my penis glans but thought little of it since I had been masturbating heavily and waited. The rash seems to have gotten worse within the week and have noticed a slight burn when I urinate and discomfort masturbating. The bumps are still there. I'm worried this may be a yeast infection, an allergic reaction to borax, or an STI, since the guy already lied once. Can I have your opinion?

Hi Mike,

Yes its a rash, but not what I consider serious. The crabs are pretty yucky and I would normally tell you that frotting is extremely safe, but I would probably burn his furniture just to be safe :P Its very likely that you have a urinary tract infection because of your extremely close physical contact and likely fluid transmission, which would explain the burning and discomfort. I would suggest visiting your primary care provider just to make sure it isn't anything beyond that and to make sure you're not having an allergic reaction from all that Borax. UTI's are really easy to get rid and you wont have much problems beyond that once its cleared up in about a week :)

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.