Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Could I have contracted herpes this way?

I used lube with my girlfriend that belonged to my parents. It couldn't have been used for 12+ hours at least. Come to find out I'm pretty sure my step mom who used it has genital herpes, two weeks after using both my gf and I hadherpes symptoms.. She had itchy redness with a cut I had a cut on my shaft and a red burning scrotum for three weeks. Her gyno swabbed her but not forherpes. It came back she had bacterial vaginitis and a yeast infection. I've had bad backaches and upper butt aches too but the rash has gone away it's been a month since possible Infection. Could herpes survive on the lube bottle to be transferred to my partner and I 12 hours later?

It is possible to pass herpes from one person to another indirectly through an inorganic object (like a drinking cup or in this case a lubrication bottle) but only within 1-2 hours at most. Herpes cant survive outside a host body for longer than that because it needs to be inside a host to survive. So unless you used the lube bottle the NEXT hour after the parents, then that's not likely at all! So that whole experience seems to be related to something entirely different (namely the cut on your shaft) and that opens you up to a whole realm of possibilities because its an open wound (unhealed) and you didn't tell me that you had protected intercourse, so does this make more sense?

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.