Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Herpes???

Question
My vagina
My vagina  

Pulling back clitoral hood
Pulling back clitoral  
A couple weeks ago weeks ago I was confirmed to be HSV-1 positive, which confused me because I had never had a cold sore before. I do get a lot of canker sores and ulcers in my mouth and inside of my lips and itchiness on the corner of my mouths. She told me that could possibly herpes. However, the past couple months I've noticed this bump literally right on my clitoris when I pull back the hood. It looks exactly like a zit, there's only one bump, it's not painful or itchy but sometimes it feels a little sensitive because it's right on my clit. I would have never noticed it unless I was actually looking for something because my clitoral hood is large and covers my entire clit. A couple months ago I saw the same bump but I was able to pop it but it's back and looks a little bigger this time.  I thought it could be due to friction during sex/masturbation and I can still orgasm with the bump, if that's even relevant. Just wondering if this could possibly be just a recurring cyst, pimple, or actually herpes? I have made an appointment with my gyno already but would like peace of mind for the meantime. Thanks!

Answer
Monroe,

A HSV test would have said whether or not you had one or both types, so if it only said oral herpes or HSV-1 then this is something entirely different. It could be a cyst of some sort and I would get that checked with an OBGYN for follow-up; don't pop it because that would defeat the point of diagnosing what it is! Let me know once you find out!

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice