Sexually Transmitted Diseases/herpes or other std risk?

I am a virgin, in the sense that I have never had penetrative sex.

about 3 weeks ago I met with a guy that I have known for a while and we rubbed genitals, meaning he rubbed his penis on my vagina, this lasted 30 seconds, max. As he was the first guy I ever did that with. And I was nervous.

He then started to lick my vagina, again I started feeling uncomfortable and made him stop.

I would like to know what my odds of contracting herpes or any other std from our encounter are.

I have read that this type of contact is a really small near zero chance of contracting anything.

Is this true?

I really have no symptoms, other than being worried.

I really don't want to have an std from just that.

I really don't want herpes either considering I am still a virgin.

Please tell me I am just worrying.

Thanks in advance.

You're right in that there was very little contractual risk from STI's from the activity you did. However, note that STI's are primary transmitted through fluid exchange: blood, seminal fluid, vaginal secretions, and breast milk even more so than "rubbing things together." Granted skin to skin contact is the MAJOR risk of transmission for herpes and HPV, so yes I would say without fluid transmission and if you both know your health status then you're quite fine.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.