Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Possible std

Question
Red mark
Red mark  

Red mark
Red mark  
Hello John,
Starting 4 days ago on July 3rd while showering in the morning I noticed a red mark on the shaft of my penis right on the circumcision scar. Naturally I began to panic since I had unprotected oral sex about a week ago. And thinking back i think the girl may have had a sore on her lip. So immediately I think herpes. However, the day prior to noticing the mark I was with a girl and all we did was foreplay but did not use any lube. I then thought well maybe it's just from her rubbing me and the friction caused a break in the skin. But I started applying neosporin as soon as I seen it and it hasn't really healed much. Starting on the 4th I began mixing hydrocortisone and neosporin and applying it to the area. The other problem is that on the day I found the mark I starting experiencing a little bit of painful urination not too unbearable but burning kind of pain non the less. So this also has me extremely worried. One other thing I wanted to ask you while I'm here is about the white dot (nodule) on the bottom side of my penis that has been there as long as I can remember. Could this be anything as well? Possibly genital warts or hpv? I have a doctors appointment scheduled for the 9th but I can't wait until then without at least getting a first opinion. Thank you so much for your time.

Is there anyway to show you than two images?

Answer
Hi James,

Herpes sores are open wounds that pus and have a "crusty" appearance. HPV doesn't appear that fast, which leads me to believe it could be just a abrasion blister and you just have to wait for it to heal as oral intercourse isn't as risky as other forms of sexual activity. The fact that it was unprotected means that some form of skin artifact, like a burn or bump, should have been left behind. Bottom line: its too soon to get tested for anything, but if this concerns you wait 3-4 weeks to get tested as that's how long it takes to develop antibodies to STI's. If the supposed burning bothers you then that's fine to tell the doctor about just in case it is a fungal infection, but it still might be to soon to pick anything up. As for the "nodule" I wouldn't worry about it if its been there forever! Any follow-up should be re-directed towards your physician.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice