Sexually Transmitted Diseases/question about std

vaginal image
vaginal image  
my husband works overseas for 3yrs, a was'nt sexually active since..last week he came home and then we had sex..then the itching in my vagina started..It seems to be more itchy at night that makes it hard to sleep.., and I saw white spots on it that bothers me a lot,now it looks swolen cause I cant stop scratching, but this never happen before even if we make this STD? what could be this? how can I get rid of this?

Hi Ailyn,

That is an indication of either a fungal or bacterial infection because of the yeast in your vaginal opening, so yes it could be an STI. You'll have to go to your primary care provider or specialist to get it diagnosed and treated. If it is an STI, then you'll have some "questions" for your partner as he is the one who gave it to you. However, he REALLY needs to get it treated too because who knows how long he's been walking around with something and never knew that he had it. So make an appointment with your physician; you'll probably have a pap smear performed and let me know how your results turn out then we'll take it from there.

My Best,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.