Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red bump on penis

red bump
red bump  

red bump
red bump  
10 days ago i noticed a red bump on my penis.I noticed it while showering,so assume i has been there for a little more time than 10 day because it do not hurt,itch or anything.I am 19 years old,and sexually active for 2 years,only had sex with my girlfriend,and as far as i know she do not have any stds.I am worried because it wont go away,and i am getting paranoid that it can be an std,or something even worse like a tumor,because it is the first time i have something like this.Please help me.Thank you

If its not weeping pus or has a crusty appearance (which I don't believe it does) then its just a sebaceous cyst to me and like all pimples you shouldn't touch them; just let them heal on their own. Everyone gets them and they will eventually fade away within a few days to a week, but if you want to speed up the healing process, you could dab some hydrocortisone cream on the affected area a couple times a day for a few days and it should reduce the inflammation and speed up recovery time. If you haven't been tested for STI's and you want to be sure its not anything more serious, then I would recommend you and your partner get tested just for safety precautions. If you don't know your status, how could you possibly know if you do or do not have anything? STI panels test for the 8 most common STI's and are available from your primary care provider or from your health department whatever that may be. Let me know if you have follow up. And please don't try to pop or mess with it as it can get worse!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.