Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red bumps on the tip of my penis

About a week ago i noticed some red bumps on the tip of my penis. They do not itch nor do they hurt, they are just there and im starting to get really worried. The bumps are somewhat shiny, they look like pimples but dont hurt at all. I haven't had sex however my girlfriend and i have had oral sex and it was the first time for both of us to do anything sexual with another person so neither of us could have gotten an STD from anyone else before. Please let me know what you think as soon as possible? Thank you.

Hi Major,

Those are abrasions and occur from lack of lubrication and dry skin, which your glans is very dry I'm afraid. This will occur every time you have unprotected or un-lubricated oral, vaginal and anal intercourse or even masturbate. I would recommend investing in water based (not oil) lubricant like KY Jelly or other brand (you can search on Amazon) and using that to prevent these occurrences in the future. Also, to help healing you can dab some hydrocortisone on the wound to speed healing and it will clear up in a few days. Remember that unprotected intercourse will not protected you from pregnancy or STI's so remember to engage in open communication with your partner to make sure this is the right decision for both of you.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.