Sexually Transmitted Diseases/small bumps on the shaft

Question
1
1  

2
2  
Hello Sir,

I am really worried about the small bumps on my shaft . Last time I had them was 3 years back. But they disappeared by itself after 6 months. It has been some 20 days that they have started to come back. And it's in a larger number. I am sexually active but it doesn't look like an STD. Will you please help me know what it is and how to cure it. thanks

Answer
Hi Ali,

They are sebaceous cysts and NO you shouldn't pop them because they will scar and then you'll be dealing with a whole nother set of problem :P Those are actually Fordyce's, which is an inherited dermatological condition, meaning you got it from your parents. TONS of people have it, myself included, and they can go away on their own AND come back (as you are experiencing now). My best advice to you is leave them alone. You have a moderate case, which means you could visit a dermatologist for a consultation because they can remove them in-house, but its costly. Know that it isn't a disease and there is no cure and you can get them anywhere on your shaft, glans, pubic mound, and even around your mouth. If you have follow up let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice