Sexually Transmitted Diseases/small red dots on my penis

Question
inquiry
inquiry  
Sir, I have developed these spots on the shaft of my penis and was worried if it was hsv2. I masturbate daily without lube and have multiple sex partners. They are not ulcerated or painful and do not seem to be clustering. Please advise with a professional opinion. Thank you

Answer
Hi Chris,

It could indicate some localized chaffing from the fact that you do not use lubrication, but if you do use condoms then they should have some manner of lubrication of them so we're dealing with just surface abrasions that will heal on their own in a few days. This isn't a severe enough problem to warrant medical attention, however, if you have been practicing risky intercourse and haven't received an STI panel in the past year, then I would behoove you to get one. STI panels test for the 8 most common STI's and HSV is among those and you can get them at your local health department or with your primary care provider. Let me know if you have follow up.

Cheers mate,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice