Sexually Transmitted Diseases/small red dots on my penis

Sir, I have developed these spots on the shaft of my penis and was worried if it was hsv2. I masturbate daily without lube and have multiple sex partners. They are not ulcerated or painful and do not seem to be clustering. Please advise with a professional opinion. Thank you

Hi Chris,

It could indicate some localized chaffing from the fact that you do not use lubrication, but if you do use condoms then they should have some manner of lubrication of them so we're dealing with just surface abrasions that will heal on their own in a few days. This isn't a severe enough problem to warrant medical attention, however, if you have been practicing risky intercourse and haven't received an STI panel in the past year, then I would behoove you to get one. STI panels test for the 8 most common STI's and HSV is among those and you can get them at your local health department or with your primary care provider. Let me know if you have follow up.

Cheers mate,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.