Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Small spots on penile head

About 3 weeks ago I noticed this small cluster of about 4 raised spots on the right side of my penis head. They are usually very small and pink but get red and larger during an erection. They have not changed size and the number of bumps haven't changed in the 3 weeks I've noticed them. FYI I've been with the same partner for six years. Any idea what this could be and is it sexually transmitted???

Hi James,

It appears to be a lesion, which is most like scar tissue from an abrasion burn that never healed. Do you use protection? I'm guessing you don't use lubricant either right? Your glans is essentially one of the driest areas of your body in terms of skin moisture, so if you "bruise or bang it up," it WILL show. If it was an STI, you'd be experiencing a lot more than just that by now, but if you to do a work up to make sure its nothing more than what I expect then I would ask your primary care physician for an STI panel. It tests for the 7 most common STI's and once you get your clean bill of health, then you know you have nothing to worry about as its skin-related. I'm afraid I cant offer you anymore information that that.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.